[wprebay kw="sofa" num="0" ebcat="-1"]
Related Sofa Products
After investigating Ikea’s offers of sofa beds that would still look like sofas (and not like a half-folded beds) and would be affordable (less than $500), I decided to start searching online – Ikea’s sofa beds were either too expensive ($650 for the first decent-looking model EKTORP) or just too cheap-looking for my budget.
The Handy Living is a winner on all aspects – I actually wasn’t expecting it to be that good, but it is!
- ASSEMBLY: Very easy to put together, I only used the help of a friend to hold the back panel while I was attaching it, otherwise I did everything by myself. It took me approx. 30 minutes.
- COMFORT: This is extremely comfortable – the thickness of the pads is a good 10″, very very comfortable, this is just like a real mattress inside your sofa. I so far had no complains on guests who slept on it.
- LOOKS: It really look like a real sofa, guests are usually surprised when they see it actually turns into a bed. The covering is also very soft and doesn’t look cheap at all. And it is so big that three people can sit on it without having to squeeze in – once again for this price you wouldn’t get an Ikea sofa where three people could comfortably sit on.
Overall this is an excellent purchase, I don’t think you’ll get that level of quality for such a price anywhere else. I highly recommend it!
I do have a few critics though, but nothing that really lowers my overall opinion of the product:
- SHIPMENT: UPS informed me I would receive it on a Tuesday, so I decided to take a day off, and it was finally delivered the following day… And the delivery guy did not even bother helping me get the package (which is huge) into my building. Terrible UPS experience overall.
- PACKAGE: it should be better wrapped-up, the box was probably too thin and already was torn apart in the corners, plus some liquid had spilled over it… The product inside was fine, though.
- TRACES ON WALLS: the walls of my living room are matte white, so can get stained very easily, and the couch does leave traces on my walls, which is fine since it is all hidden by the couch, but you have to be careful when moving the couch around a room.
Was this review helpful to you?
Posted on July 5th, 2012 at 16:22
Just got this today! I put it together in 15-20 minutes and shortly fell asleep on it afterwards. I went from a twin mattress to this product, thinking it was like a futon… But I was shocked at how comfortable it is! I can’t wait to go watch a movie and relax in my new bed! Great quality, easy to change to a bed/couch, and supports a 200 pound man comfortably. Bonus points because I used a twin mattress pad and sheet and they fit perfectly
Posted on July 5th, 2012 at 16:43
Product is exactly as described. Very fast shipping. It looks a bit intimidating to put together but you CAN in fact do it with one person if that one person is handy! You do feel the metal bars on the back of the seat when you put your hands on it (not when you sit on it)– but other than that you might never know its a convert-a couch. Quite comfortable too! Great bargain I would definitely recommend!
Posted on July 5th, 2012 at 17:03
Mail (will not be published) (required)